The other day, a friend of mine showed her phone collection via a collage since it apparently was the anniversary of the mobile phone. At that time, I was working on my take home exams and as always I was in the need for some serious procrastination. Thus, here the result: my mobile phone history.
2. Nokia 3410: My very first phone that I bought. An "upgraded" version of the allknown Nokia 3310. I liked its cute colour which was nice and different than the Nokia 3310 that you saw everywhere.
3. Siemens MC60: To be honest, looking at this phone again... I don't like the design. I can't remember that much about this one, but I did get a different case for it. A baby grey leopard case. It was cute.
4. Sony Ericsson Z520: My first flip-phone. I remember looking for a new phone on the internet and seeing this one that really stood out to me. The phone-cover was velvet-like. It also included a different set of cover but the one that was included in my box was orange and I'm not a big fan of that colour. Probably because it is THE colour of the Netherlands > ORANGE-overload! Next to this it was also the first phone with two different cameras. The "face-camera" was the little window on the top of the phone which you can see on the picture.
5. Nokia N95: Aaaand back to Nokia. Somehow I ended back here, but then again they have made some pretty awesome mobile phones. The Nokia N95. This one was so awesome. My first slide-phone which could also be slided horizontally which enabled the media buttons. I didn't even know it could do that before buying it! I still remember playing with the phone in my room when I suddenly pushed it and thought I had broken it.
6. Nokia N97: Since I loved the Nokia N95 so much, I was sad to see it deteriorate and thus opted for the next model. The Nokia N97 was my first mobile phone with touchscreen. However it wasn't just touchscreen. It also had a keyboard function which I really liked. I always wanted one of those sidekick phones (if that's the official name) that I always saw in American tv-shows and films. This one came closest to it. Next to this, you could also completely personalize the home screen and it had an epic fm function. This function allowed me to play my own library of songs on my phone via radio frequencies on the radio. I loved this!
I currently own a darkgrey HTC One X which I absolutely love. It is such a slim design and I can almost personalize everything. Like all smartphones these days, you have multiple "homescreens" which comes in handy if you don't want to go through all your apps. I am really satisfied with this phone, and I know that if I probably knew sooner about this brand I probably would have gotten a HTC earlier.