1.25.2017

Lippie Stix Matte-X│Colourpop

1.25.2017

Today's post will be a Colourpop Lippie Stix Matte X product review. As mentioned at the beginning of Blogmas I had just received them after ordering them online and was hoping to be able to share my thoughts on the blog as soon as possible. It might have taken me a bit longer than anticipated, but today is that day.

The Colourpop Lippie Stix encapsulate what can be typified as the regular lipsticks within the entire Colourpop range. However, Colourpop wouldn't be Colourpop if they didn't have their own take on it with an insane availability of shades and different finishes for you to feast your eyes on. Following the  Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip these are the second type of product on their website that I ordered to try out. Of the available Lippie Stix finishes I opted for four of the Matte X range in the shades Daydream, Ziggie, Goldie, and Le Freak. All four shades are also part of the six piece "Persuede Me" set ($25.00), but since two of the six shades were too light for me I picked four of them separately ($5.00 a piece) giving me a nice shade range to fit to my liking. Using the descriptions of the shades on the website I now have Daydream which is a plummy brown, Ziggie, a dark terracotta, Goldie, a rich brick red, and Le Freak which is a deepened red wine.


Daydream - Ziggie - Goldie - Le Freak

After having worn the different shades several times the verdict is pretty positive. The Lippie Stix in the Matte X formula are somewhere between a solid lipstick and a liquid lipstick in my opinion. Now I am aware I have said the same of the Soft Matte Lip Cream by NYX, but these are of an entire different kind. Whereas the NYX SMLC is a mousse-like liquid in a tube with a doe foot applicator, the Colourpop Lippie Stix are more like a solid lipstick that you have to twist up. So where do the liquid lipstick properties come in? Well, the Lippie Stix set very similar to a liquid lipstick and therefore last a lot longer on the lips than a solid lipstick. It can be seen as a nice hybrid of the two. It dries out the lips a lot less than a liquid, has the same application as a regular lipstick, and lasts longer. This doesn't mean it doesn't transfer. I noticed that the amount of time you leave in between application and your first drink or bite greatly affects the wear time of the product. The longer it takes before it comes into first contact with anything, the better it will withhold rubbing off throughout the rest of the day. Once the product does wear off you are left with a stain of the shade on your lips. Just make sure to either use a lip balm or a clean finger to blend the stain evenly when you do not have the Lippie Stix at hand.

Colourpop Lippie Stix Matte X: Daydream - Ziggie - Goldie - Le Freak
I am going to be honest in saying that now that I have the option I would still reach more to the Ultra Matte Lip because liquid lipsticks are just my jam right now. However, I was pretty impressed with the Lippie Stix in general so if you are not into liquid ones then definitely give these a try. So far so good with Colourpop products I tried. I wonder what I shall try next... let me know if you want me to check out something specific!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment